Mac!

Mac!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Teaching and watching

I was teaching a Help for Reactive Dogs Class last night. We were across from the dog park and were watching for dogs to use as triggers. And here she comes. Yanking this young dog on a leash. Hard yanks that had to hurt. Who does that anymore? What in the world could it possibly be teaching this young dog? We (My clients and I) were watching this and she's yelling and yanking the dog along. She stops and the dog backs up cringing and lowering it's body to the ground. I had to turn away.I can't stand to watch folks hurt dogs in the name of training. Did she get this from her trainer, her parents, her neighbors? We won't ever know and had I been closer maybe I could have given her some help. You have to be so delicate about it because folks get an attitude. But truly, positive force free training can really help her and her dog. Because without it, she is raising a potentially dangerous dog that will lash out and bite her or someone else one day. So sad and so avoidable.

No comments:

Post a Comment