Mac!

Mac!

Sunday, July 26, 2015

I tried that and it didn't work.......

I love hearing that and I hate hearing that. Did you try it once or many times? Ugh. Usually once. Folks want a quick fix to all their dog training problems. Problem is dogs don't learn like that. Oh wait. Yes they do. If you use pain. That's not training. That's hurting and it carries a tremendous fallout with it. Don't. Do. It.

Instead I love hearing it because it makes me be more creative. What other positive idea can I come up with to teach this? There's tons of positive solutions for every dog training issue. Look from every angle. Look from the dog's point of view (which folks rarely do). What motivates your dog and start there. Food, smells, games, touch, water, bones. Use it all to teach.

Don't try one thing, one time and say "it doesn't work" You and your dog are a team. Work it out. But leave pain out. K?

No comments:

Post a Comment