Mac!

Mac!

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Living Life in Fear of Pain

Can't stop thinking about this. Broke my heart to see it. So I decided to write a blog post hoping it will help someone. So maybe just one dog won't have to live their life in fear of pain

Yesterday I saw a puppy grad of mine walking with their owners. ON A PRONG COLLAR. First of all you all know I HATE them. So why would you walk your dog on a prong collar into my puppy class? Secondly, this dog is one of the smartest, most gentlest, sweetest dog ever. So why is she in a prong collar? And third, if you needed more training help with her, why didn't you come back to class, or call or email or text me?

I know what they will say. "It doesn't hurt her." I'm sorry to tell you that if it didn't hurt, there'd be no point. Your dog listens because they are afraid of the pain. Truly if that's the kind of relationship you want with your dog, so be it. A life lived in fear of pain.

Lots of countries ban them. Most of your top dog trainers around the world do not use them. Zoo animals of every species and size are trained without pain. You can too.

I'm for joy filled, positive, reward based, force free, fear free, relationship building, choice based, love filled training. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment