Mac!

Mac!

Monday, March 14, 2016

A Fatal Trip on the Dark Side

A dog lost her life. Why should I care? Because she was a past student in my classes. Beautiful, playful and full of life. I just found out today that her owner put her down. I still can't believe it.

Let me back up and give you the "rest of the story". 

She started off right in my puppy classes, graduated, and I even made some visits to her home. Regular puppy stuff-jumping, biting, getting into stuff. I've had pups from this breeder before in my classes and they do very well.

But the owner expected perfection. Now. So she goes to one of the worst trainers in town. Notorious for his pain inflicted training. Pays him many times what she paid for my classes and proceeds to train her with pain. You know, prong collar, jerking, yelling and who knows what else. Grown people fear him as he is so mean. Folks walk out of his class, shocked at how he trains. 

This goes on for months, maybe even a year. So now she lunges, snaps ,growls at the owner when she attempts to get her out of her kennel. Diagnosed with a Neurological disorder, owner puts her down.

Both you and I know different. The punitive, fear based training ruined her relationship with her owner. And what's more, someone saw this early on and tried to buy the dog from her. Cash right now. Nope. I would have taken her at anytime along the way. Nope. Never got another call. 

I'm heartbroken, sad, angry, and disgusted. Makes me sick actually. She put her trust in this trainer. It cost her dog her life. I will always remember you, Aspen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment