Mac!

Mac!

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Gimme Five!

We are all busy. Jobs, kids, school, dogs, yard work, and the list goes on and on. But if you don't take the time to train your dog, he'll be a wild Hellion the rest of his life. And that's no good.

Here's a solution I read in my emails today that makes SO much sense. Five minutes a day. Surely we can carve out that much for our canine companion. Of course you can do more. But just gimme five. A day.

Start with a couple minutes of play-whatever your dog loves. Then five minutes of training, follow that with a couple minutes more of play. And there you go. By starting and ending with play, you are making it fun for both of you and less of a chore. And the time will zip by. I predict that your sessions will get longer or more frequent as you two have the time of your lives training.  

Gimme five minutes! Try it for a week. Try at different times of the day, before your dog eats, before bed, on a walk, while watching TV (put the movie on pause and take a break). I'll do it with you and tell me what success you have. I can't wait to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment